Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering from Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi, & Masters in Thermal Engineering from Delhi College of Engineering.
- Over 33 years of work experience. Was Director in Roots Air Systems Pvt. Ltd in 1987. In 2012 he founded OVERDRIVE ENGINEERING Private Limited offering Consultancy services in HVAC using Energy Efficient and Renewable Energy System and Technologies that focus on Indoor Air Quality with specific emphasis on Passive Cooling Technologies.
- A volunteer for more than two decades in ISHRAE and ASHRAE and fully involved with other societies such as IGBC, BEE, USGBC etc.
- Served in Board of Directors of ISHRAE
- Privileged to be one of the first Indians to be in ASHRAE as Regional Vice Chair, Membership Promotion of Region at Large (2008-2011).
- Convener of ACREX INDIA 2011 (Largest HVAC Expo of South East Asia) held in Delhi and presently is Chair Hospitality of ACREX 2017 to be held in Delhi.
- Involved in working with various ASHRAE Technical Committees such as Cogeneration, Kitchen Ventilation, Evaporative Cooling, Fans, Air quality in Data centre, Sustainable. He is also a Member – Electronic Communication Committee and ASHRAE website redesigning at ASHRAE HQ (USA).
- Guest Lecturer at IIT-Delhi and Delhi College of Engineering
- Is an Associate Consultant with TERI.
- In 2013, he launched the Indian Chapter of International Ground Source Heat Pump Association (IGSHPA). Very recently he has become Member – R&D Project Sectorial Appraisal Committees (RDSPAC) for Ground Source Heat Pumps (GSHP’s) of MNRE (Ministry of New & Renewable Energy).
- Recently he launched the India chapter for IAQA (Indoor Air Quality Association of USA) and has been appointed as Chapter Director of IAQA- India Chapter.