Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering, 1965 from East Pakistan University of Engineering and Technology.
- Owner and Principal Consultant of S. Mehboob & Company, Consulting Engineers, a leading MEP Consulting Firm in Pakistan with offices in the Middle East too. He founded the company over 35 years ago and has seen it grow from a small company to an organization of almost 100 employees. He has designed many landmark projects with more than 600 projects to his repute, ranging from 60 storey plus buildings, Airports, Campuses, 5-Star Hotels to Industrial Projects.
- To his acclaim, he is largely responsible for introducing many new technologies to the Pakistan market and industry standards, with respect to the design, supervision and installation of HVACR Systems. Notably, these include VAV Systems, Integrated BMS, Thermal Storage, Solar Central Hot Water Systems, District Heating and Cooling, to name a few.
- Farooq joined ASHRAE in 1980 becoming a Fellow member in 2010. He currently serves as Director and Regional Chair for ASHRAE RAL. On a Regional Level he has also been Sub Region Chair for South Asia, and Regional Vice Chair of Chapter Technology Transfer for the Region at Large.
- He serves as Chair of the Society’s Chapter Technology Transfer Committee, CTTC and is a member of Technical Committee TC01.07 since 2006.
- Farooq Mehboob was instrumental in the formation of the ASHRAE Chapters in Pakistan and went on to serve on its BOG, as Chapter President and as Committee Chairs.
- He has been a pioneer of the HVAC industry in Pakistan and is a founder member of the Pakistan HVACR Society where he served on the Executive Council and as Society President for two terms from 2005 to 2009. He has received several awards from the HVACR Society between 2001 and 2009 and has published numerous papers and articles to his credit.
- An avid reader, Farooq has an especially keen interest in history and world politics. He is also fond of music and the theatre.